ASSISTANT OPERATOR TAD
The Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient production and material handling for the plant. This position may be assigned a rotating shift environment or a fixed shift (8 - 12 hrs).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct safety tasks as required and operate within safety guidelines as established for the plant.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Material handling tasks may include operating a bobcat or forklift.
- Completion of paperwork and documentation to meet Federal, State, Owens Corning, and customer requirements.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
- Routine duties include prioritizing material transfers, directing and scheduling the Assistant Operator.
- Assist and support the creation and updating of written procedures.
- Fluency in English (reading and writing)
- Ability to read tables and charts
- Basic mathematics skills (fractions, percentages, etc) & computer knowledge (EXCEL, Word, Outlook)
- Basic mechanical skills and an understanding of valves, pressures and flows
- Three (3) – five (5) years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- The position requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs.
- The ability to work in elevated positions.
- Up to 50% of the work is outdoors.
Owens Corning - Jacksonville, FL
BUILDING A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE