FIRE SPRINKLER FITTER / FOREMAN (EXPERIENCED) w/ RME-I (PREFERRED)
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installation of fire sprinkler systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Installation, service, and trouble-shooting of automatic fire sprinkler systems along with all its related equipment.
- Be a leader: oversee, direct, and delegate appropriate tasks to fitters and helpers as needed to fulfill project completion deadlines, meet scheduling requirements, and exceed the goals established by the fire sprinkler manager.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner and attempt to keep under budget.
- Ensure that all projects are done flawlessly.
- Work on projects independently.
- Use project drawings to accurately and entirely interpret installation requirement details.
- Update daily installation progress notes on job contract drawings. (asbuilts)
- Communicate any change orders as necessary to the fire sprinkler manager and or project manager to get approval before commencement of change.
- Thread and groove pipe, cut hanger rods, frequently climb ladders, hang pipe, read blueprints, layout, keep clean work area, and use appropriate equipment for any specific job such as tools, lifts, etc.
- Present weekly tool box talks to employees
- Provide a safe working environment for employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge of fire sprinkler piping systems which includes fabrication of related piping and the various materials and applicable joining methods.
- Understand fire protection installation requirements.
- Ability to properly read fire protection blueprints.
- Minimum education of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- American Fire Sprinkler Association training program designed for fire sprinkler foreman, preferred.
- Nicet II & III certification, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a fire sprinkler apprentice/fitter, preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to take direction from upper management
- Accurately complete and maintain all paperwork
- Maintain vehicle and tools as per company policy
- Must have valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Knowledgeable with NFPA 13 rules and all necessary codes
- Ability to interact and communicate in a professional and positive manner with other trades, customers, project managers, county officials, general contractors, etc.
- Demonstrate positive team work and ability to be a team leader and mentor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with all company safety practices and the safety handbook
- Complete projects in a timely manner while providing the highest standard of quality work and customer satisfaction
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required lift loads up to 75-pounds and occasionally lift or assist with lifting loads/weight in excess of 75-pounds; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent use of ladders or scaffolds with likely use of personal fall arrest systems is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fire Sprinkler Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (Preferred)
This job will require you to pass a background check:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Fire Sprinkler Fitting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Be a Leader