Owens Corning Production Operators are responsible for a variety of duties on our manufacturing floor. A key component of Owens Corning success, the Medina Roofing plant has been making roofing shingles for over 50 years. This job can open the door to career opportunities with Owens Corning Roofing & Asphalt.
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical schedule. As a Full-Time team member, you would work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the following week. Full-Time work schedules may include overtime hours.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a manufacturing environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% - 95% of your shift. It also gets loud. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our manufacturing plant is limited. Indoor plant working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here Is a List of Some of The More Frequent Tasks You Could Expect to Perform During the Course of The Workday
- Setting up raw material along the line
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the shingle machine
- Clearing jams
- Inspecting the quality of finished product
Whether you are experienced or just starting your manufacturing career, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- You can stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
Here is an idea of what we are looking for:
- Motivation to learn and advance as an Owens Corning employee
- Communication: you will interact with coordinators, peers, managers, and team leads about issues, downtime and breaks because communication is essential for a successful day.
- Flexibility: we look out for one another on the plant floor by being flexible when we must tackle production schedule changes, environmental changes, and sudden work schedule changes.
Safety Focus: we wear safety equipment, follow current good manufacturing practices, communicate safety issues and concerns. We believe that safety is everyone's responsibility.
Please provide a resume and employment history with your application to be considered.
comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
First Day of Employment
- 401(k) & Matching Program
- $50,000 Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Quarterly & Yearly Incentive Program
@ 6 Months of Employment: 1 Week of Vacation
Other Offerings Additional Accident, Hospital, Critical Insurance Identity Theft Protection
Additional Life Insurance
To apply: https://jobs.owenscorning.com/job/medina/production-operator/868/37754316112
- $20 starting rate
- $20.25 - $23.10/hour upon completion of 90-day Probationary Period
- 36/48-hour work weeks (6a-6p; 6p-6a)
- $1.25/hour Differential Pay for 6p-6a Shift
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BUILDING A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE