Electro Mechanical Technician
BE PART OF OUR DIFFERENCE:
Owens Corning, global in scope - human in scale. We’re an international company, with solid roots in Jacksonville, Florida, and we’ve got opportunities for a few dynamic people to join our local team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive compensation, quarterly bonus plan, and a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and more.
WHAT YOUR DAY IN THIS ROLE MIGHT INVOLVE AT OC JACKSONVILLE ROOFING PLANT
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance duties including: pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, instrumentation, working with sheet metal, replacing, repairing, and cleaning systems, equipment, and/or component parts.
Here’s a brief outline of this role…
- 75% of time spent performing industrial facilities mechanical duties as necessary – pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics and working with sheet metal.
- 25% of time spent performing industrial facilities electrical duties such as instrumentation, replacing, repairing and cleaning systems, equipment and/or component parts and basic electric work.
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain an clean and orderly work area
- Regular attendance on site and ability to rotate varying shifts
- All other job classification relative duties as assigned or needed
What makes a successful OC JACKSONVILLE ROOFING team member:
Must haves include…
- Ability to pass maintenance skills test
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Proficiency with computers – Microsoft Office Suite and other programs as required.
- Must be able to log into and navigate SAP for work notifications
- May be required to work on computer systems that run the line (PLC, Allen Bradley)
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Good trouble shooting skills in mechanical and electrical areas.
- Familiar with HMIs, PLCs, and Servos.
- Be able to read and write mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Provide valid proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
There are some essential physical requirements specific to our work environment, including being able to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours-continuous
- Ascend and descend stairs to enter most areas of the facility-continuous
- Ability to work in cramped areas and enter confined spaces-frequently
- Ability to work at heights - frequently
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Regular attendance onsite and ability to rotate and work shift work
Our people and products make the world a better place. Help us accomplish great things in Jacksonville!
WHY OWENS CORNING
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be filled out completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the application.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
BUILDING A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE