Construction Laborer - Steady, Consistent Work & Good Per Diem
If you like sweaty, dirty, physically demanding work and like to travel, we are looking for you. Electrical utility foundation contractor looking for laborers for large scale construction. Experience with concrete, foundation drilling or Class A CDL (no restrictions) a plus. Very steady and consistent work. Pay commensurate with experience and good per diem paid for travel. **Resume required for consideration**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
In this safety-sensitive position, you will be required to work on various construction sites performing basic tasks such as:
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools while distributing them to the appropriate locations.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials with appropriate training provided.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- May be required to enter trenches and/or confined spaces after receiving proper training. Understand and comply with safety considerations as set herein and as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor.
- Load and unload construction materials
- Assemble and disassemble temporary construction structures
- Perform construction site setup and cleanup
- Complete all job-related duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- This position is responsible for tasks involving physical labor at construction sites and assisting other workers.
- Employees may operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some construction or outdoor manual labor experience
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record for the last 5 years
- Willing and able to frequently travel in and outside of Florida
- Ability to perform physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks including frequent bending, kneeling and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working outdoors in a high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Able to work in confined and cluttered spaces
- Capable of climbing and keeping balance on uneven areas.
- Capable to taking and following directions
- Laborers with concrete experience or Class A CDL a plus.
Pay: $18 - $20 / hr (OT x 1.5) (Class A CDL with no restrictions $23/hr)
Per diem: $150 / work day
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule (including but not limited to):
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability