We are looking for a creative Retail Sales Associate at our Viking Sewing Gallery department located inside Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts store. The ideal candidates would be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and ready to sell a full line of high quality HUSQVARNA VIKING and SINGER sewing machines, accessories, notions, embroidery software and more. Retail and/or sewing experience is preferred but not required.
Did we mention that employees get a nice discount and get to work with some great people?
Under the direction of the Retail Manager, performs sales activities of Husqvarna Viking, Singer, and Pfaff products and other numerous and diversified tasks in order to contribute to a profitable retail store thereby providing customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Sales and Customer Service
* Provide for high quality sales and customer and employee relations by answering questions concerning product features and benefits, product location, price, and use of merchandise.
* Provides strong customer demonstrations utilizing strong sales closing techniques
* Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer and suggests trade-ups if appropriate by demoing applicable product.
* Maintains store margin at acceptable level through creative selling.
* Assist with the set up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner to obtain maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages.
* Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
* Updates Retail Manager with customer feedback on sales, products, displays, and advertisements.
* Total price and tax with point of sale system on merchandise purchased by the customer to determine an accurate bill.
* Calculates sales discount to determine price.
* Accepts payment and makes appropriate change.
* Assists with the record of sales, prepares and conducts frequent inventory of stock, maintains satisfactory recovery rate of trade-ins and repairs, and orders merchandise (notions and parts) as appropriate.
* Assists the Retail Manager in controlling assets and expenses.
* Contributes to a positive team environment.
* Performs other duties as requested.
* Teaches various classes with intent to sell.
* Under the Retail Manager's direction, responsible for facilitating Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, and Creative Classes as requested.
* Participates in training of company products in order to ensure a good working knowledge in order to demonstrate sewing machines, sergers, presses, etc., and satisfy customer questions and requests.
* Stocks and cleans shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise as requested.
* 1+ years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales
* Demonstrated ability to live the corporate values
* Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
* Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to adhere to operational processes
* Sewing experience a strong plus
* Computer proficiency a plus
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, which includes:
- Must be able to adjust controls on sewing machines and change product placements.
- Repetitive motions such as lifting and turning (for example: lifting a sewing machine and placing it in a shopping cart, on a checkout counter, or on a display shelf).
- Employees may be required to retrieve or reposition products.
- Must be able to inspect and analyze data and learn technical manuals .
- Communication with customers via telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for (5 – 7 hours)
- Must be able to demonstrate machines in a stationary position while operating the machine.
- Must ascend or descend ladder to retrieve or put away products weighing up to 50 lbs from shelving up to 14ft high.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.