Retail Sales Manager
Retail Sales Manager
SVP Worldwide, the world’s largest consumer sewing machine company, is looking for a creative Retail Manager at our Viking Sewing Gallery department located inside Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts store. The company and its three iconic brands - SINGER®, VIKING®, and PFAFF® - have delighted consumers for over 460 years. These premium brands and products are regarded as the choice for serious sewists and novice crafters.
The Viking Sewing Gallery channel within SVP Worldwide was established 25 years ago and has grown from a small operation to its current state of over 170 store locations, employing more than 700 team members across 36 states. Most of our Retail stores are located inside JOANN Fabrics & Crafts. We operate 3 Free-Standing locations. This chain of retail locations contributes substantially to the overall company profits and is strategically important as it is focused on the most premium/valuable consumers. The chain sells a disproportionate amount of the company’s highest margin products (e.g., MSRP>$5,000). Its product portfolio includes the brands of SINGER®, HUSQVARNA VIKING® and mysewnet® covering entry-level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading-edge household sewing machines and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories and notions as well as embroidery software. Services available with the Viking Sewing Galleries include assisted sales through demonstrations, sewing machine repair service, free machine operation classes, consumer classes and events.
SVP Worldwide continues to weave our culture into the fabric of our team members by living out our core values of Integrity & Trust, Teamwork and Customer Focus. As our industry continues to grow, there are vast opportunities for new team members who share our commitment to delivering the world’s finest sewing products, service and overall customer experience.
The Retail Manager will work under the direction of the Area Manager.
We Offer You:
- An Opportunity to work and collaborate with creative and motivated team members and customers
- Comprehensive benefit program, including Health, Dental, and Vision
- Uncapped commissions on sales of machines, notions, and accessories
- Paid Time Off
- Deep Employee Discount Program
- Paid Retail Holidays including two floating holidays
- Creativity and Passion with willingness to share your sewing expertise with our customers
- Self-Motivated, Goal-Oriented, and ready to sell a full line of high quality HUSQVARNA VIKING and SINGER sewing machines, accessories, notions, embroidery software and more
- Manage the set up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Ability to manage the gallery and its team members in a professional and inclusive manner
- Facilitates Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, Creative Classes and coordinating freelance educators for Creative Classes as appropriate
- Provides excellent customer service and innovates to obtain and retain customers
- Responsible for ongoing recruiting, selection, training, motivating, coaching, evaluating, termination, and compensating all store team members
- Ability to coach, motivate, and build strong relationships with team members
- Directly supervises part-time sales employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies
- Records, manages, and deposits cash in register on a daily basis
- Manage the store expenses according to the store performance requirements and expectations
- Maintains acceptable surplus position
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One or more years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing retail environment
It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Degree in Business or Fashion Design/Merchandising
- Previous Retail Management Experience
- Direct Knowledge of Our Machines and Products
You will need to be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation, including:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees through multiple forms of technology with telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, meeting rooms, copier/printer etc as well as have the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Communication with customers via telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information
- Required to retrieve or reposition products like sewing machines weighing up to 50 pounds
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.