As an Equipment Associate at United Rentals, you will perform a variety of manual tasks to ensure smooth branch operation. Your primary objective will be to provide labor assistance to service technicians, sales staff and other branch personnel engaged in meeting the needs of customers.
Your strong work ethic, reliability and positive attitude will make you an asset to our branch and entire organization. If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement opportunities into our Driver and Service Technician development programs.
Additional duties include the following:
- Check equipment for damage, hours used, mileage and fuel level upon return to the branch
- Inspect rental equipment for safety decals, safety compliance, and ensure that equipment is in good working order
- Clean all equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Load and unload rental equipment, and prepare equipment for rental
- Checkout and demonstrate equipment for customers as well as drive a delivery truck to pick-up and drop-off equipment
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Effective communication, multi-tasking and strong teamwork skills
- Diligent attention to safety
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals’ policies and procedures.