Power & HVAC Mechanic
As a Service Tech I within the Power/HVAC division at United Rentals, you’ll use your skills to perform maintenance tasks as well as minor repairs on equipment in a safe and professional manner. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of diesel engines, HVAC equipment, and dehumidification/air purification equipment. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you’ll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world’s largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to relocate to one of our 1,000+ locations.
Additional duties include the following:
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools
- Responsible for service documentation
- Occasional travel to customer sites
- Demonstrate equipment for customers
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience with repairing and maintaining diesel engines or HVAC equipment
- Intermediate diagnostic and repair skills for mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, pneumatic and other systems
- Basic understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Own the tools applicable to position
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.