Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Are you an impatient person but reasonably proactive once you are an expert in a subject matter? Are you driven to be accurate and will correct others on “how it should be” if they are remotely off in their comments? When given new areas to research, do you become restless in the pursuit of factual information? Are you so skeptical that you have to be shown the resource to find it believable? Do others become frustrated with you because of your “prove it” mindset? Is your communication style more informative and factual than social? Do you have a fear of failing or being wrong? Is it easier to be safe than sorry for you? Do you like being the resident expert in matters that you are very familiar with? Do you feel like you would rather just do things yourself because no one can do it better than you?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance Assistant to join our team. The Facilities Maintenance Assistant at Frazer reports to the Facilities Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for performing minor repairs and preventive maintenance tasks on equipment, facilities, and Frazer property in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
What Does a Week in the Life of the Facilities Maintenance Assistant Look Like?
- Keep equipment/tools organized and maintain good housekeeping.
- Perform essential preventive maintenance to equipment and facilities such but not limited to all facility HVAC units, air compressors, air/water filtration systems and air/power tools.
- Replace facility HVAC filters
- Clean HVAC coil
- Replace compressor oil
- Clean compressor coils
- Replace air filtration filters
- Replace water filtration filters
- Fix air leaks
- Responsible for minor repairs to air/power tools, plumbing, electrical, and other maintenance requests submitted; as well as performing inspections related to preventative maintenance tasks.
- Keep up with inventory for materials needed to perform basic preventive maintenance tasks. This includes but is not limited to:
- HVAC Filters, compressor oil and filters, air system filters, air fittings, air hoses, water filters, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of repairs and regular preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensure the maintenance shop is clean and organized at all times. Housekeeping is a top priority and enforces compliance with Lean 6S principles to keep areas of responsibility clean, organized, and safe.
- Participate in daily huddles for your shift to go over daily priorities/goals.
- Be consistently at work on time and arrive at meetings and appointments on time. Read and respond to emails, chats, or texts daily.
- Adhere to the position metrics and relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform all the above functions while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
- Report with anticipation if there will be a delayed arrival to work (with at least 2 hours before check-in time).
- May be assigned a rotation to arrive early to work on maintenance tickets at least one day per week.
- May be assigned as the rotating technician on duty for weekends to service the facility or support other service departments, including production.
- Any other duties assigned by the senior management.
- Operate a forklift, stock picker, scissor lifts, aerial lifts, and computer systems daily.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Education Diploma/GED required.
- Able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Facilities maintenance job history.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Clean driving record and ability to be added to the company insurance.
- Experience with forklifts, stock pickers, scissor lifts, aerial lifts, etc.
- HVAC certification preferred or equivalent job experience.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
What Kind of Employees Thrive at Frazer?
Frazer is a company with a diverse group of employees from all over the world. Frazer welcomes employees with all types of backgrounds, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. If you are hard working, honest and drug-free, you will love working at Frazer.
Safety & Drug Policy
Employee health and safety is a priority here at Frazer. We're committed to providing a safe, secure and productive environment for our Frazer family.
To help with this, we perform thorough background checks during the hiring process for all candidates. Convictions will not disqualify you from employment at Frazer, but failure to tell us about it up front will. Also, Frazer has a zero tolerance drug use policy and you must pass a pre-employment drug screen. If you can’t pass it, we’re not the place for you.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. We've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Weekly paycheck, so you can shop every Friday!
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- Eight paid company holidays and the ability to take time off during company shut down from Christmas to New Year’s Day!
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few competencies that the Facilities Maintenance Assistant at Frazer should have…
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Fast learner
- Results Oriented
- Basic computer skills
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Also, here are a few software packages that the Facilities Maintenance Assistant would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- UKG (HRIS)
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget salary… Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $17.00-$24.00 per hour depending on education, certifications, and experience.
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant will work Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Late afternoon/evening/weekend hours may be required as needed. Work schedules may change to accommodate production needs.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, visit our website to complete the following steps:
- Online application
- Resume and optional cover letter
- Culture Index Survey - as part of our process, please take this short survey (5-12 minutes to complete) on a computer, tablet, or laptop NOT a smart phone. It does not always function properly on smart phones and is difficult to see. Also, please take the survey in your native/first language (there are multiple choices besides English in the drop down menu if needed).
Thanks again for your interest in Frazer. Should your skills and qualifications meet those of the position, we will contact you further. Please check your email for further application status updates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Defining the Future of Mobile Healthcare