Do you gravitate to what is familiar to you? Do you prefer a stable environment? Do you see yourself as predictable and consistent? Can you set a watch by your timelines? Are you highly accountable and dependable in the manner you consistently do your tasks? Do you have excellent attention to detail and like to make sure all work is done right? Do you double check and triple check your work for quality? Once you learn your trade or personal interest, do you find yourself steely dedicated? Do you find once you are dedicated to things such as golf, fly-fishing, gardening, or cooking that you usually outperform others? Do you like to take on a single task, start on it, complete it, and then put it away? Do you enjoy a work environment that has structure and harmony?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is currently seeking a Paint Prepper to join our team. The Paint Prepper at Frazer reports to the Chassis & Paint Production Manager, and is responsible for preparing aluminum bodies for paint by sanding, filling, repairing, general body work, taping, cleaning, and preparing modular bodies for paint applications.
What Does a Week in the Life of the Paint Prepper Look Like?
- Reads work order, or receives instructions from supervisor regarding prep work.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by using sandpaper, brushes, steel wool and wiping clean with solvent.
- Fills holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, body filler, or other filler, using caulking gun or other tools.
- Removes fixtures from exterior prior to painting, using screwdrivers. Installs forms to seal off unpainted areas.
- Tapes and covers surfaces with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Observes and follows safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
What Kind of Employees Thrive at Frazer?
Frazer is a company with a diverse group of employees from all over the world. Frazer welcomes employees with all types of backgrounds, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. If you are hard working, honest and drug-free, you will love working at Frazer.
Safety & Drug Policy
Employee health and safety is a priority here at Frazer. We're committed to providing a safe, secure and productive environment for our Frazer family. To help with this, we perform thorough background checks during the hiring process for all candidates. Convictions will not disqualify you from employment at Frazer, but failure to tell us about it up front will. Also, Frazer has a zero tolerance drug use policy and you must pass a pre-employment drug screen. If you can’t pass it, we’re not the place for you.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. We've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Weekly paycheck, so you can shop every Friday!
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- Eight paid company holidays and ability to take time off during company shut down from Christmas to New Year’s Day!
- The “Company Kitchen” on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School education or GED equivalent
- At least 6 months of experience or will accept completion of related technical program
- Body work experience as well as tape/masking experience
- Must pass a Pulmonary Function Test
- Ability to work in un-air conditioned environment
- Principles, practices and procedures of prepping
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few competencies that the Paint Prepper at Frazer should have…
- Exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- Moderate heights to access materials and equipment.
- Inclement weather conditions (wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold/ heat)
- Exposure to fumes, paint, airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate noise (i.e. shop floor with power tools and loud banging noises).
- Work in a confined area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, hot or cold temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Also, here are a few software packages that the Paint Prepper would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- UKG (HRIS)
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget the salary… Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $15.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on education, certifications, and experience.
The Paint Prepper will work from 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, Monday to Friday with overtime worked as needed. Late afternoon/evening/weekend hours may be required as needed. Work schedules may change to accommodate production needs.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, visit our website to complete the following steps:
- Online application
- Resume and optional cover letter
- Culture Index Survey - as part of our process, please take this short survey (5-12 minutes to complete) on a computer, tablet, or laptop NOT a smart phone. It does not always function properly on smart phones and is difficult to see. Also, please take the survey in your native/first language (there are multiple choices besides English in the drop down menu if needed).
Thanks again for your interest in Frazer. Should your skills and qualifications meet those of the position, we will contact you further. Please check your email for further application status updates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Defining the Future of Mobile Healthcare