Bilingual Customer Solutions Rep - Collector
Ally and Your Career
What can we do for YOU?
Starting at $20/hr + Monthly Incentives
$500 Sign-On Bonus
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive Paid Time Off program with holiday and flexible paid time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Student loan and 529 educational assistance programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Supporting your health & well-being by providing you and your family programs to help you stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially
- Adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discount
English & Spanish - Bilingual skill required
*Training Class Starts Monday, October 31st*
- 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday
- 8am - 12pm one Saturday per month
If you are skilled at customer service and love to help people find solutions, this may be a great fit for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a fun team environment. You'll leave at the end of the day feeling like you made a difference. As an Ally team member, you'll be contacting Ally auto loan customers to remind them about late or missed payments, getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency and helping customers bring their accounts current by negotiating payment arrangements. We offer the respected history of a great brand and excellent benefits. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices.
The Work Itself
- Work closely with clients to understand their reason for delinquency and current financial situation to gain commitments for past due payments
- Offer suitable alternatives, in addition to explaining consequences of delinquency to customers in the attempt to resolve delinquency
- Document all accounts accurately, clearly, and concisely noting the reason for hardship and potential repossession loss, as well as adhere to all state and federal laws in the handling of accounts
- Demonstrate commitment to serving customer needs with the ability to problem solve or escalate special circumstance efficiently and with insight
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, Shaw workflows, and/or e-mails within an established time frame
The Skills You Bring
Bilingual (English and Spanish) skill required
HS diploma or equivalent required.
Prior experience in financial services or similar industry preferred.
Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or related field may be used in lieu of experience.
Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Professional phone etiquette.
Skip tracing skills preferred.
Sales and/or persuasive negotiation skills.
Microsoft Windows and internet-based applications experience required. Basic typing/data entry skills. Ability to multi-task and maintain key performance metrics surrounding delinquency, repossessions, call statistics, and Quality Assurance standards.
Ability to make informed decisions related to acceptable payment arrangements and next steps in collection action.
Strong ability to identify potential loss situations and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate loss, with an aptness to escalate unique collections cases to management.
Able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary to meet business needs.
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.