Boiler Service Technicians III (Expert Level)
We are hiring Boiler Service Technicians,
To work for our repair and maintenance service department.
The technicians must have 5+ years of working in the Boiler industry and have an expert working knowledge of Boiler systems, including electrical and electronic controls.
The technician must have:
ICE Certification (minimum to apply or equivalent)
NATE Certification is a Plus
Boiler Manufacturer Certifications are a plus
The technicians will work with our mobile dispatching system that assigns jobs to the service technician. You will be responsible for excepting the job and performing the work given to you.
You must professionally represent the Company to the customer, provide excellent customer service and deliver quality workmanship.
Employment Type: Full-time hourly
Working hours: work must be done between 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
This position is required to work additional time when needed.
Responsibilities: The position is accountable for the following:
1. Use and submit electronic time clock tasks by the end of each day.
2. Attend mandatory online meetings. If the meeting is missed, a review of meeting minutes is a requirement.
3. Be professional, personable, courteous, and considerate of customers while performing services.
4. Have a working knowledge of local Hydronics regulations and codes and be able to apply them practically on each job.
5. Work with inspectors, suppliers, and the company team to complete the job to Company standards of quality, conformance with hydronics rules and codes, and in the customer's best interest.
6. From time to time, a Technician will be asked to provide an estimate for a job or alter an estimate based on the technician's information at the job site. In addition, the technician is responsible for ensuring that the customer understands that the job may cost more than initially quoted if Jobsite conditions will cause the job to take longer or require more materials than initially quoted.
7. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
1. Report to the job sites on time and be ready to work by the assigned time.
2. Obtain from the Dispatcher all contact information for service jobs to be performed
3. Deliver professional, courteous, prompt, and honest customer service with quality workmanship in conformance with Company standards.
4. Utilize customer service training to educate and assist customers in choosing services and products.
5. Sell appropriate fixtures, accessories, and service agreements to customers during service calls.
6. Document time spent on the job and any work done beyond the scope of the invoice.
7. Document any conditions on the job that may lead to the work taking longer to complete or to impact the quality of the work as compared to customary conditions, especially if the customer refuses to correct the condition.
8. Enter job data onto the assigned mobile handheld device for services rendered. Create notes of recommendations for future work, especially if a recommendation was made to the client and the client declined to do the work that day.