Journeyman Level Refrigeration Technician- San Diego
ATTENTION JOURNEYMAN LEVEL SERVICE TECHNICIANS! COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Aire Rite is a well established, leading HVAC/Refrigeration contractor serving all of Southern California for over 50 years.
We provide an outstanding opportunity for qualified technicians which includes:
- $34.00/hour To Start (Journeyman Level Experience) DOE
- Ample Opportunity For OT
- Great Benefits
- Incredible Vacation/PTO - 8 days after 1 year!
- Company Vehicle
- Work Close To Home
- Paid On Call Time
- Free $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
- Ongoing Technical Training
- Sign up Bonus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, trouble shoot, repair and calibrate commercial air conditioning units and refrigeration units.
- Perform preventative maintenance and make recommendations regarding parts changes or system overhaul.
- Safe refrigerant handling during compressor and/or major component change out.
- Be assigned to 24 hour on-call emergency duty on a rotating basis per on-call schedule
- Observe additional maintenance needs requiring attention and report those to the appropriate supervisor.
- Report safety concerns to immediate Field Supervisor, Service Coordinator or Service Manager.
Customer Service – Internal/External
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their system.
- Assist in evaluating new and existing customer accounts.
- Coordinate scheduled start and stop time with Service Coordinator.
- Submit all manual and electronic work orders, along with misc paperwork at the completion of each day’s work.
- Work closely with assigned Service Coordinator to make sure customers’ needs are being fulfilled to their expectation and in a timely manner
- Obtain and record on work ticket, and communicate to vendor an appropriate purchase order number when purchasing job-related parts and supplies.
Electronic Work Orders and Paperwork Administration
- Upload each electronic work order before moving to the next assignment.
- Organize all work details (work performed, service recommendations, parts used, etc.) and complete an accurate work order for billing and payroll purposes.
Other Duties / Behaviors as Requested or Assigned
- Ability to work independently and call for assistance when needed
- Champion Company to outside parties in a manner consistent with corporate values and goals
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, ability to proactively address customer issues and concerns
Education: High school education or GED required. Degree or certificate from HVAC/R technical program or vocational school preferred.
Certification(s)/License(s): Valid Class "C" CA driver’s license in good standing; EPA Section 608 required, NATE & OSHA certifications a HUGE plus,
Physical Demands: Lifting and Carrying up to 75 lbs is an essential job function. Frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling and climbing ladders.
Skill Development/ Training: Technical classes and seminars are offered on an ongoing basis to our technicians.
Salary is DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $34.00 per hour, DOE
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Service Technician: 7 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent
- EPA Certified
- United States
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have experience in diagnosing, and repairing commercial refrigeration units?
- Do you have experience diagnosing, and repairing Walk in Coolers and or Walk in Freezers ?
- Do you have experience diagnosing, and repairing Ice Machines?
- Commercial Refrigeration: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Your application has been successfully submitted.