Meisner is Currently hiring Commercial Electricians
Must have a minimum of 2 years commercial experience
Must have own tools & reliable transportation
We offer great benefits
Long Term projects
Please contact us today
Plans methods and procedures for the installation of raceway systems, wiring systems, lighting fixtures, electrical devices and appliances, electrical apparatus, motor and controls, control and alarm systems, specialty systems and grounding systems.
Test and adjust, calibrate, or correct electrical components to the standard required by the contract documents.
Installations must be made in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or the local code enforcing authority.
All work must be done in a workmanship manner according to industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Includes the following, but are not limited to:
- Plan, layout, and obtain sufficient required materials and tools to complete an assigned task as scheduled.
- Cut, bend, thread, assemble and install raceway systems.
- Pull wire in raceway systems verifying code fill requirements.
- Push, pull, or reposition rolling scaffolds, non-power-driven lifts, machinery on wheels, and materials and equipment on or off mobile carts as authorized by the Safety Officer.
- Mount panels, disconnect and transfer switches, circuit breakers, control devices, meter and wireways.
- Set level and secure electrical apparatus.
- Install bus duct, cable tray and cable way systems.
- Install wiring devices and hot check.
- Terminate and splice wire cable.
- Install ground cable, ground bus, and terminate with mechanical or Cadweld-type connection.
- Set and connect motors and controls.
- Locate and disconnect existing circuits and electrical devices and equipment devices and equipment in existing facilities.
- Terminate and splice HV cable using molded splice/termination kit like 3M.
- Set, level, secure, connect and test generators.
- Read and understand electrical drawings and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Follow all Safety guidelines and report any safety hazards, violations, and injuries.
- Dig trenches or excavation.
- Use testing equipment such as meggers, voltmeters, ammeters, volt-ohm meters (VOM), ground resistant tester, high pot tester, GFI tester and light meter.
- Other duties as assigned.