Plumber – Journeyman (Boynton Beach)
The incumbent lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains plumbing systems and related equipment for assigned projects. S/he may occasionally oversee and direct the work of a small group of laborers.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles pipe sections, tubings, and fittings using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, and/or welding equipment.
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water/air and observes pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Reviews blueprints and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe installations, connections, penetrations, and fixtures in structures using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe using hand power tools or machines.
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings using hand and power tools.
- Hangs steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repairs plumbing, replaces defective washers, mends broken pipes, and opens clogged drains.
- Installs underground storm, sanitary, and water piping systems.
- Inspects equipment, structures, and materials to identify the cause of errors, safety hazards, or other issues, and solutions or escalates them appropriately.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer and teaches trade skills to less experienced tradespeople.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we CARE, we ACT WITH INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are ACCOUNTABLE).
- This position operates primarily in the field. Jobsite work is likely to entail varying exposure to weather, potentially harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, noise, dangerous machinery, and/or other conditions typically associated with a live construction site.
- Depending on the work location, the incumbent may be exposed to extreme temperatures, inclement weather, noise, poor ventilation/lighting, and other hazards or conditions typically associated with a construction job site.
Your application has been successfully submitted.