Medical Assistant – North Houston Region Float
Dean’s Professional Services is now hiring for qualified, patient-care focused Certified Medical Assistants to work throughout the north region of the greater Houston area (Tomball, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Greenspoint, Magnolia, Kingwood, Spring, and Humble areas) for the Houston Methodist – DPS Solution Pool in the nation. Candidates must have exceptional patient care and patient interaction, 2+ years’ experience, ability to work in a non-smoking environment, ability to float around the Greater North Houston area.
We are on a mission to create care that’s more convenient and professional. With solutions that are value-based and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we are looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, and are ready to embrace new opportunities!
Medical Assistants are responsible for providing patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational loyalty. Candidates will be accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, rooming, vitals, informing patients of relevant and required information for their visits and clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by the physician
- Perform basic lab testing
- EKGs as ordered or indicated and suture removal and dressing changes
- Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet, and authorizes prescription refills as directed
- Prepares patients for examination
- Greets and answers phones
- Prepares, cleans, and maintains exam and treatment rooms
- 2+ years of clinical medical assistant experience (externship not included)
- Nationally Recognized Certification Required (CCMA)
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) highly preferred; not required
- Non-smoker / non-smoking environment
- Ability to travel around the greater North Houston area
- Medical Assistant Certification a PLUS
- CPR – American Heart Association BLS Required
- Schedule varies; Typically M-F hours between 8am – 5pm
- $19-22/hr + benefits
- Paid EPIC training
- Full benefits offered – healthcare, dental, vision, 401k program
- Temp-to-Hire opportunity