Dean’s Professional Services is now hiring for qualified, patient-care focused Phlebotomist to work for a Lab in the Dallas, TX area.
Phlebotomists are responsible for taking blood from patients and properly labeling samples with the patient information and lab test orders from doctors.
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities:
- Perform blood draws competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Utilize standard procedures to identify the patient, record appropriate collection information, label and record all test tubes, log procedures and enter specimen data into computer system.
- Display quickly, courteous, and in a professional manner towards patients, client staff and coworkers. Resolve issues and ensure quality patient care.
- Follows standard precautions at all times. Routine handling of biohazardous and or chemical hazardous material.
- Utilize company resources to aid with day-to-day operations and the specimen data input (i.e. test catalog, client services, etc.).
- Communicate issues and concerns to the Phlebotomy Supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and/or company records and issues.
- Comply with all safety policies.
- Dispose of all sharp instruments in the sharp container.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
Phlebotomist Job Requirements:
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of current phlebotomy experience is required.
Phlebotomist Job Details:
- Schedule: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Starting at: $18.00/hr (Based on experience)
- Temp to hire opportunity