Electrical Maintenance III
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our Lamb Weston Quincy team! The electrician position is responsible for repair and maintenance of all equipment plant wide and for performing maintenance functions throughout the plant as assigned or directed by supervisory personnel while working under limited supervision.Job Description
- Perform regular assigned checks.
- Keep logs up to date.
- Equipment repair, overhaul and trouble shooting.
- Proper start-up and shut-down of plant equipment.
- Training and supervision of subordinates and peers.
- Develop work lists and equipment modification recommendations.
- Follow safety procedures for all work performed and instructing others in safe working habits.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook
- May be required to work any shift, any and all days of the week, or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules and applicable seniority rules.
- Must meet the qualifications of lower bracketed mechanic positions.
- Two- year Electrical Certification or equivalent experience or education
- Work under limited or no direct supervision from Leads or Supervisors.
- Have complete knowledge of all equipment operation, set up, and repair within their specific area of responsibility.
- Take an active role in preventive maintenance activities, mechanical repair and modification, identification, scheduling, and implementation.
- Effectively direct maintenance crews to accomplish set goals.
- Layout projects, define labor and material needed, and prepare an order for those items.
- Able to work in other areas as assigned.
- Meets the specific qualifications in one area as listed below.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
General Maintenance Area
- Use all shop machine tools
- Set up and adjust cutters and Lamb guns
- Build and repair knives and cutters
- Weld stainless and aluminum with MIG and TIG welders
- Effectively plan and implement new equipment installations
- Proficient at sheet metal layout, fabrication and installation
Electrical Maintenance Area
- Read, draw and edit electrical and electronic schematics.
- Design control circuits.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical and electronic systems.
- Program and troubleshoot PLC's with the aid of the P.C. programming equipment.
- Calibrate and repair plant electrical and electronic equipment such as, but not limited to: Red Lion read-outs; Taylor and Fisher controllers and recorders; electronic scales; metal detectors.
- Troubleshoot and repair: computer terminals; solid state control boards; variable frequency controllers; pneumatic actuators; PLC’s.
- Use all basic electronic/electrical test equipment.
- Run conduit and wiring per NEC.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy items.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds six feet above the ground.