Boiler & Refrigeration Mechanic
ob Description Summary
We are looking for a motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our Lamb Weston Quincy team! The B&R position supports maintenance by repairing and maintaining plant wide and performing maintenance functions throughout the plant as assigned, while working under limited supervision.
- Perform regular assigned checks.
- Keep logs up to date.
- Equipment repair, overhaul and trouble shooting.
- Proper start-up and shut-down of plant equipment.
- Training of other mechanical or production personnel.
- Follow safety procedures for all work performed and instructing others in safe working habits.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- May be required to work any shift, any and all days of the week, or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules and applicable seniority rules.
- Must meet the qualifications of lower bracketed mechanic.
- Thorough working knowledge of single and three phase electrical.
- Thorough working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Proficient at welding mild steel.
- Thorough knowledge of plant operations and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Good communicator with salaried and hourly personnel.
- Has thorough knowledge of basic mechanical skills (i.e. plumbing, measuring, changing bearings, etc.).
- Able to work alone and in a neat workman-like manner.
- Meets the specific qualifications in one area as listed below.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
General Maintenance Area
- Fulfil Line Mechanic duties in Raw Receiving, Plant I, Plant II or Co-Product.
- Weld stainless steel and aluminum.
- Set up and adjust cutters and Lamb guns.
- Properly adjust all shakers and conveyors.
- Repair all drive components on plant equipment.
- Do sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation.
- Type 1/Type 2 Universal Freon Card
- 2 year certification in refrigeration
- RETA certified
- Has a thorough knowledge of plant refrigeration, boilers and allied equipment.
- Able to operate all plant engine rooms, boilers, and freezer tunnels to meet production needs and within set operating parameters.
- Can identify all lines, valves, and components relating to the operation of the boilers and refrigeration in all plants.
- Understands water chemistry, treatment, and in plant application.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to repair equipment within refrigeration/boiler areas.
- Knows safety procedures for chemicals normally used, their toxicity levels and labeling.
- Has thorough knowledge of proper liquid levels, lubricants, and mixtures used in the refrigeration/boiler area.
- Thorough understanding of and be a participant in Process Safety Management Program.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services