Electronic Quality technician
· Process product returns and conduct product failure analysis.
· Follow procedures to document test results and quality inspections.
· Understand operational requirements and be able to identify and correct problems or inconsistencies.
· Identify, troubleshoot and repair issues prior to releasing any product for refurb/restock.
· Work closely with internal departments such as Operations, Engineering, and Technical Support.
- Responsible for accurate reporting in time tracking systems each week before the day/time determined by manager.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all assigned company assets.
- Maintain a tidy and organized workspace.
- Must have an understanding of basic electronics and electrical theory.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Familiar in the use of basic electronic test equipment such as DVMs, wattmeter (power meters), oscilloscopes, etc.
- Skilled in the use of soldering/desoldering tools, hand tools, and power tools associated with equipment repair on the bench.
- Able to use a computer and familiar with common computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet browsers.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new equipment types and technologies as they are introduced.
- Able to work as a member of a team which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Success is a Process, Not an Event. Its a Direction, Not a Destination.